Just like when you visit your doctor for an annual check-up, your car, truck or van will benefit from a regular tune-up. At JP’s Car Care, we can make sure your vehicle is healthy and safe and catch any of the little problems that might grow into big problems if ignored.
Most vehicles will benefit from a tune-up every 30,000 miles or two years, depending on the type of vehicle, the mileage and age. In a typical tune-up at JP’s Car Care, the following things happen:
- Check fluids and top off as needed.
- Change the oil and filter as needed.
- Check and replace air filter as needed.
- Check and adjust the clutch (with manual transmissions).
- Clean battery cables, add distilled water, and clean terminals.
- Replace the fuel filter.
- Change the spark plugs and check the plug wires.
- Replace distributor cap and rotor (in vehicles that use them).
- Check ignition system and timing.
- Adjust valves as needed and replace gaskets if oil is leaking.
- Check belts for wear and tear and replace them as needed.
Because your vehicle is unique, the time and cost of a car tune-up can vary based on a range of factors, especially the time since your last tune-up. When you bring your car in regularly, your overall cost will be minimal because we’ll catch problems before they become costly repairs. Trust JP’s Car Care to perform the best and most affordable car tune-ups in the Layton and Clearfield area.